A man with style is something important.
Like women, it shows how one takes care of himself.
omg…. I want
Allrecipes.com is easily one of the best recipe sites online.. but sifting through a million recipes to find yummy & healthy recipes can be hard. The healthy section has a lot of lol-worthy “healthy” options (cinnamon sugar pork rinds? are you serious? in the healthy section? ok.) & There’s a ton of great healthy recipes buried in other sections around the site. Here’s a list of some worth looking at!
PS - when you change the number of servings, it automatically scales the ingredients down for you!
- Vegan Crepes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Autumn Apple Salad
- Double Whole Grain Pancakes
- Egg White Crepes
- Fluffy Canadian Pancakes
- Dairy & Gluten Free Pancakes
- Eggy Veggie Bake
- Poached Egg Caprese
- Gluten Free Hot Breakfast Cereal
- Quinoa Pudding
- Omelet in a Mug
- Tofu Quiche with Broccoli
- Suppertime Egg Burritos
- Black Bean Breakfast Bowl
- Zucchini and Eggs
- Almond Chicken Salad
- Barbie’s Tuna Salad
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
- Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Black Bean Burger
- Bermuda Spinach Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa Salad
- Orzo and Shrimp Salad with Asparagus
- Vegan Falafel
- BBQ Tuna Fritters
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Simple Turkey Chili
- No Mayo Tuna Salad
- Coconut Curry Tofu
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- Garlic and Rosemary Chicken
- Vegetarian “Meatloaf”
- Paprika Chicken
- Lentils and Spinach
- Vegan Taco Filling
- Vegan Lasagna
- Thai Spiced BBQ Shrimp
- Whole Wheat & Honey Pizza Crust
- Cedar Planked Salmon
- Baked Salmon
- Taco Salad
- Tofu and Veggies in Peanut Sauce
- Stuffed Peppers
- Turkey Burgers
- Crispy Eggplant with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Spaghetti Squash
- Peppermint Meringues
- Grilled Peaches with Gingersnaps
- Pumpkin Pie for Dieters
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Spiced Baked Apples
- Gluten Free Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake
- Honeysuckle Pineapple
- No Bake Peanut Butter Nuggets
- Chocolate Banana Tofu Pudding
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Low Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Orange Sponge Cake Roll
- Fresh Fruit Minty Dip
- Dark Chocolate Bark
- Banana Cookies
- “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
- Baked Stuffed Pears
- Crunchy Macaroons
- Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
- Fruity Fun Skewers
- Baked Kale Chips
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Pita Chips
- Eggplant Chips
- Cajun Popcorn
So my mother and I had ourselves a mom-daughter morning, and went shopping… As i havent shopped in the past year and so, since I havent had the guts to admit the weight gain and wat not, i decided today to embrace what i am now.
I realised that by doing so, i felt beautiful and slightly happier in my own skin.
Finally bought jeans since i dont know when, and few tops, a pair of flats and a bag… and i love the way they look on me.
Im a woman with curves, and there is nothing wrong about that!
Good Friday to everyone! :)
After much thought, and analysis, ive finally come to realise why im doing what i am doing to myself… in the sense of why i keep on stressing myself out, why i keep on making myself fat, why i keep on beating myself up…
After 1.5 years of having broken off my engagement, I have moved on my fiancee, on a conscious level, but clearly i have moved this to a subconscious level. Sicne August 2011, i have been eating to the point of sickness, my weight has been fluctuating like a fat yo-yo, and it has just gotten worse ever since.
I spent half of my day today with a very good and close friend of mine, where she also had gone through the same thing that i am currently going through. As she’s known me before and after my engagement, she told me that you used to be bubbly and happy, while now, you are plaonly quiet but angry.
She noticed that I keep on blaming myself for what happened, for everything that is happening in my life, for the things that are happening to the close ppl in my life, for this for that, which is getting to the point that i keep on beating myself, subconsciously, and taking the load of everyone in my life.
I have also come to realise that since I am no longer working and earning money, that I feel guilty to ask my folks for money to do what i would like to do. and that has caused many inconveniences in my life in terms of me feeling unable to i.e. do wht i want, buy what i want, get what i want, etc…
In other words, she said that I am grieving. Although i have moved on from my ex-fiancee and from that period in my life, i am grieving and taking the blame for everything that has happened during and ever since… I have been building up a ball of frustration and anger inside of me during this past 1.5 yr and just kept it in.
In the end she gave me the following advice:
- Pamper yourself: go to the salon, get ur hair done, ur nails done, etc… make yourself feel like a girl, and ask your folks for money, without feeling guilty, as at the end of the day, that is their responsibility to you as your parents
- Start seeing yourself the way others see you: as she knows and sees and i know that i am not happy with myself, i should see myself the way the dearest ppl in my life see me. as at this point, seeing myself through my own eyes will get no where.
- Dont think about boys or relationships: Im clearly unhappy with myself, so making someone else happy isnt gonna work
- Dress Up: make yourself beautiful for yourself and no one else. This will help boost up your confidence and the way you see yourself.
- Dont make food your comfort zone: as i have been doing this for the past year, and only this past year, she said im still ‘fresh’ and can stop it now
She recommended i spend time with her on regular basis, just chill basically, nothing special, as i can myself around her, and feel like theres no barriers.
I am done spinning in the same circle as i have been doing for the past 1.5 yrs and getting the same result over and over again.
The time of grievance is over.